Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Chameleon- A Brilliant New Product


The Chameleon

You know that commercial where the guy says, "I liked the product so much I bought the company?" Well I don't have that kind of money, but when I came across the Chameleon product line, I decided to represent it.
It's one of those ideas that I wished I had come up with myself.
After years of clipping badges to my lapel or whatever else I could get them to hang on to, I finally found a colorimetric badge system that I could just insert into a holder that could be wrapped around my forearm or ankle and then Velcro snugged into place.
I'm not going to turn this blog into a forum for evaluating products that we sell at our company. In the main, I will be evaluating a wide range of safety products for use by the safety professional. But there are three that I will tell you about to get things that I sell out of the way- the Chameleon badge detection system, the 460 GFG gas detector, and the Pocket Detector series which currently covers CO and hydrogen. So let's start with the Chameleon.
Here's how the Morphix Technologies describes this product: "The Chameleon®, a field-configurable chemical detection unit, is the most innovative hazardous chemical detection device on the market today. It provides a low-cost, easy-to-use, hands-free solution for first responders, military and industrial personnel. Each disposable cassette detects a different toxic gas, enabling the user to configure the reusable Chameleon armband for the needs of his or her specific mission on a daily basis."
What I love about this product is that it compliments standard electronic gas detectors for first responders. We can't carry ever electronic gizmo under the sun when we go into the field. Even the most versatile detector- the PID (photoionization)- is not component specific. The Chameleon remedies this product by providing a field configurable battery of chemical cassettes that can be chosen by the user based on their anticipated exposure.
It's worth a serious look. I rate it Four Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment