Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pocket CO Detector Review

Never Go to Work Without It

*****
I've used a lot of gas detectors in my life, including both fixed and portable. And don't get me wrong, there are some fine portable units are there. At Ideal Detectors we represent a few of these, just so you'll know there's not a bias. We handle GFG, MSA, Industrial Scientific, Biosystems and a fine, innovative company called KWJ Engineering.


KWJ is unique among gas detection companies, not only because it was founded by the man many of us consider the founder of the gas detection industry- the legendary Ken Johnson- but because of the innovative marketing direction and leadership of Oliver Seth.


Take a look at the picture on the left to get an idea of what I'm talking about. Hazardous gas detectors you can actually use without feeling like you've been weighted down by a lead balloon! I've been asked many times by many safety directors the question "What's the best portable gas detector out there?" My answer is always, "The one you wear." Think about it before you laugh. It doesn't matter what gas detector you buys if you don't wear it. These detectors are not only first class gas detectors, but you and your employees will actuall wear them.



Can they record data and store them in their little memories? You bet they can. They're the right size, the right quality and they take care of business by recording your data. I actually clip the pocket CO detecot to my collar and forget it's there.



In our laboratory, we've reviewed the response time of these little CO detectors and they are as quick or quicker than anything the industry has out there. And their recovery time is just as quick.



And they hold their calibration a long, long time. If you're interested in the specs, go to http://idealdetectors.com/pocketdetectors.aspx


The pocket CO detector is another product I liked so much, I decided to distribute it.

No comments:

Post a Comment